The program offers eligible businesses access to dollar-matched funding of $10,000-$50,000 to undertake the following research activities with CSIRO:
- Research into a new idea with commercial potential.
- Development of a novel or improved product or process.
- Testing of a novel product, developed by the company, to inform research and development activities.
Our experienced SME Connect team works alongside businesses to identify the relevant research capabilities best suited to their needs, and facilitates researcher introductions and project scoping. We also assist with the application process and maintain an end-to-end engagement with the businesses and researchers to ensure favourable outcomes for all parties.
CSIRO Kick-Start projects must be under 12 months in duration and businesses are required to make a cash contribution that matches the funding voucher.
Who can access CSIRO Kick-Start?
Australian businesses will need to provide evidence they meet the following criteria as part of the application process:
- Have an annual turnover and operating expenditure <$1.5million, in the current and each of the two previous financial years OR have been a registered company for less than three years
- Have an ACN and be registered for GST
- Be able to demonstrate they can fully support their proportion of the project funding
Eligible companies are able to apply for a second CSIRO Kick-Start project, after completion of their first, providing they continue to fulfil the eligibility requirements.
Find out more and apply
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with our CSIRO Kick-Start Program team:
Dr Megan Sebben
Kick-Start Program Manager (SERVICES)