The Investment NSW TechVouchers program provides support funding for start-ups, scaleups or small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to collaborate with publicly funded research organisations (PFRO), including CSIRO.
It aims to accelerate commercialisation of innovative R&D products and services that address the many disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This is wide varying and can be as novel as you like.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm 10 February 2022 or until funding is exhausted.
About the voucher funding
The COVID-19 edition of TechVouchers, valued up to $25,000 and $50,000 per business, will enable more businesses to innovate by providing access to expertise and equipment in NSW, through publicly funded research organisations such as universities, CSIRO, National Measurement Institute and ANSTO.
Two TechVoucher funding streams are available.
- One stream is for smaller projects up to six months long and will provide up to $25,000 to eligible businesses.
- The other stream is for larger projects up to 12 months long and will provide up to $50,000 to eligible businesses.
Examples of activities that can be funded by TechVouchers include:
- access to research facilities and equipment such as electron microscopes, medical imaging, and other PRFO delivery partner facilities
- product or process design, such as engineering or technical design expertise to determine prototype structure, function or materials
- validating or demonstrating technical capabilities of a product, process or technology including clinical trials and in-market validation
- funding toxicology studies on materials that could be incorporated into a new product
- testing and certification for supply of products
- enhancing existing product capabilities or enabling entry to international markets.