What is the purpose of this study?
This research study is conducted by the CSIRO’s Responsible Innovation FSP. It will examine current community opinions regarding emerging food technologies and what factors may impact their acceptability and your willingness to try foods created using these innovations.
By contributing to this research, you will be providing valuable insights on how Australians think and feel about novel food technologies in general or the foods created using technologies.
Insights gained from this research will provide a better understanding of the barriers that may exist which impact Australia’s willingness to adopt novel food technologies. We are also seeking insights into community preferences with regards to future product development in this space.
How long will participation in the trial take?
It is expected the total participation time to complete the tasks including, answering some questions, installing the software and completing the implicit association task (IAT), which involves completing an anonymous reaction time task, will take approximately 10-15 minutes. More information on the tasks can be found in the participant confirmation email you have been sent and also the Participant Information Sheet PDF (210 KB). All responses will be collected anonymously.
Who can participate in this study?
We are looking for adults who live in Australia to complete our online study.
You will need to meet the following criteria to participate in this study:
- Be directed to this study page, or otherwise sent a link to participate in this study, by Real Time Research. And also have a unique study ID code to participate in this study issued by Real Time Research.
- Currently living in Australia.
- Be aged over 18 years or over.
- Be able to read and understand written English.
- Have access to the internet.
- Agree to install Inquisit Player, to be able to complete the task (instructions on how to install, and then uninstall, the software after completing will be provided on screen during the task).
- You will need access to a device, computer or laptop with a keyboard, because the task requires a keyboard.
How do I participate in this study?
Please follow the link to complete the the study questions and implicit association task using a device, computer or laptop with a keyboard. The following steps will need to be followed, as outlined in your confirmation email and here:
- Start on the Alchemer study landing page. Participants who complete the tasks are eligible to receive an e-gift voucher to the value of $30. Distribution of this voucher is being coordinated by Realtime Research. You will need to enter the unique study ID code provided to you by Realtime Research at the start of the task.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, which ask you to answer a few questions.
- Leave Alchemer site, as directed, by clicking the embedded link which opens another browser prompting you to install the Inquisit Player software.
- Agree to install the Inquisit Player software.
- Complete the IAT. Once finished you will be provided with instructions on how to uninstall the Inquisit Player software.
- Return to Alchemer, to finish the remaining study questions and press the "submit" button to complete the questionnaire.
- Close your browser.
Will I be reimbursed for my time?
Participants who complete the task are eligible to receive an e-gift voucher valued at $30. Distribution of this voucher is being co-ordinated by Realtime Research, so you will need the unique study ID code that Realtime Research have provided you.
What if I have more questions about the study?
If you have any queries about this study, please contact the Project Lead via email: email@example.com
This study has been approved by the CSIRO Low Risk Review Panel. If you would like to speak with someone with respect to ethical matters or wish to register a formal complaint about the conduct of this research, please contact the Secretary of the Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.