What is the purpose of this study?
This research study is conducted by the CSIRO’s Responsible Innovation FSP. It will examine current community opinions regarding emerging food technologies and what factors may impact their acceptability and your willingness to try foods created using these innovations.
By contributing to this research, you will be providing valuable insights on how Australians think and feel about novel food technologies in general or the foods created using technologies.
Insights gained from this research will provide a better understanding of the barriers that may exist which impact Australia’s willingness to adopt novel food technologies. We are also seeking insights into community preferences with regards to future product development in this space.
How long will participation in the trial take?
You will be asked to complete one of the following tasks:
- Survey: this involves answering a range of questions and will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. More information on the task can be found in the Participant Information Sheet.
- Implicit Association Task (IAT): this involves completing an anonymous reaction time task, which will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. More information on the task can be found in the Participant Information Sheet.
- Conjoint experiment: you will be presented with a number of product concepts with specific product features and will be asked how willing you would be to buy these if they were available. This task will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. More information on the task can be found in the Participant Information Sheet.
All responses will be collected anonymously.
Who can participate in this study?
We are looking for adults who live in Australia to complete our online study.
You will need to meet the following criteria to participate in this study:
- Currently living in Australia
- Be aged over 18 years or over
- Be able to read and understand written English
- Have access to the internet
- You can choose to complete one of three tasks, requirements for each task are different.
- For the survey you will need access to any smart device.
- For the implicit association task, you will need access to a computer or laptop because the task requires a keyboard.
- For the conjoint experiment you will need access to any smart device.
How do I participate in this study?
Choose which one of the three tasks you want to complete and click on the corresponding link to go to the task.
- Conjoint experiment
- Implicit association task * Please note a computer or laptop is required to complete this task.
Will I be reimbursed for my time?
At the completion of the study, you will be eligible to go into a draw to receive one of 80 e-gift vouchers to the value of $50 to thank you for your time to take part in this research project. Please read the terms of conditions DOCX (40 KB) for the prize draw.
What if I have more questions about the study?
If you have any queries about this study, please contact the Project Lead via email: email@example.com
This study has been approved by the CSIRO Low Risk Review Panel. If you would like to speak with someone with respect to ethical matters or wish to register a formal complaint about the conduct of this research, please contact the Secretary of the Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.