Sustainable Futures is an education program that combines the latest in climate science with education in sustainability.
The Sustainable Futures program is designed to support primary and secondary teachers working with students in Years 3 to 9. Teachers who register with the program receive free access to digital teaching resources which includes a variety of ideas and activities to support the teaching of sustainability and the environment in Australian schools.
Goals of Sustainable Futures
- encourages your students to develop skills in the process of inquiry, literature research, experimental investigation and critical thinking
- facilitates collaborative learning
- promotes a critical and an action based approach to problem solving
- is teacher and student friendly
- promotes collaboration between schools.
Support for registered teachers
Sustainable Futures provides the following support:
- a set of integrated curriculum units for Years 3 to 9
- a wealth of cross-curricular activities to support the teaching of sustainability and the environment
- opportunities and activities for classes and individuals that lead to staff and students taking action at school and at home
- opportunities for students to develop leadership, presentation and communication skills
- opportunities to interact with 'real' scientists
Currently over 450 schools across Australia are registered in the program.
Sign up for the Sustainable Futures program
We provide climate and sustainability teaching resources, training and activities for school levels 3–9.