The Sustainable Futures program is designed to support primary and secondary teachers working with students in Years 3 to 10. Teachers who register with the program receive free access to digital teaching resources which includes a variety of ideas and activities to support the teaching of sustainability and the environment in Australian schools.
Goals of Sustainable Futures
- encourages your students to develop skills in the process of inquiry, literature research, experimental investigation and critical thinking
- facilitates collaborative learning
- promotes a critical and an action based approach to problem solving
- is teacher and student friendly.
Support for registered teachers
Sustainable Futures provides the following to support sustainability teaching in the classroom:
- a set of integrated curriculum units for Years 3 to 10
- a wealth of cross-curricular activities to support the teaching of sustainability and the environment
- illustrations and examples of how and where sustainability is integrated in the Australian Curriculum
- opportunities and activities for classes and individuals that lead to staff and students taking action at school and at home
- opportunities for students to develop leadership, presentation and communication skills.