- Improved management of vital safe drinking water and water resources including the health of the Murray Darling and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Development of advanced Australian manufacturing and engineering.
- An early warning system to reduce economic impacts to fishing and tourism of harmful algae blooms and contaminants.
- Greater support for the development of data analytics platforms, programs and data value-adding jobs that integrate prediction modelling, data analysis and environmental monitoring.
- Enhanced urban and regional water resource management.
Initial Scoping Phase - Now to June 2021
In collaboration with the SmartSat CRC, we will conduct extensive user consultation and market analysis to ensure a comprehensive understanding of end-user requirements from across Australia. We are seeking input from water quality managers, water utility operators, primary industries, aquaculture, irrigators and government agencies at federal, state and local level.
This process will provide engineering options for space technologies and ground-based monitoring capabilities as part of a full mission concept of operation and design.
July 2021 to 2025
In-situ ground-based system design and implementation with pilot trials, and development of analytics platforms. Design and build of the next generation of linked Earth observation satellites.
Satellite launch and AquaWatch system operations.