The Hydrogen Industry Mission will contribute to a low emissions future for Australia. We aim to:
- Promote major new domestic and export industries, creating urban and regional jobs and GPD growth
- Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, particularly in industrial processes
- Contribute to a diversified energy system with increased energy security and resilience.
The Hydrogen Industry Mission will focus on hydrogen research, development and demonstration projects such as:
- Hydrogen Knowledge Centre. A national resource for industry, government and the research community which highlights Australia's hydrogen projects and provides modelling tools and educational resources.
- Feasibility studies and strategy. Delivering trusted independent strategic and technical analysis and advice to de-risk projects in partnership with industry experts and project proponents.
- Demonstration projects. Collaborative partnerships that validate hydrogen value chains and de-risk enabling technologies to inform investment and deployment decisions.
- Enabling science and technology. Delivering science and technology solutions and socio-economic analysis to remove barriers to hydrogen industry scale-up.