ANACC database maintenance
The ANACC database is undergoing annual maintenance and is not currently accessible. For any strains enquiries or for a copy of our strains list please contact the supply service (details below).
- ANASS dispatches will be suspended from September 11 and will resume September 18.
- Due to staff leave and changes from July 1st, there may be delays in responses to customer requests.
- Cathy Johnston, ANASS Manager and ANACC Senior Research Technician, after 31 wonderful years with CSIRO, will retire in December, 2023.
We have supplied high quality microalgae 'starter' cultures and technical advice to industry, research and educational institutions in more than 65 countries since 1986.
We continue to be the major supplier of microalgae cultures to the Australian aquaculture industry, for which microalgae are the essential first foods for larval and juvenile animals.
All our cultures are grown under controlled-environment conditions in a purpose-built, Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS) accredited algal culture facility.
Our microalgae culture supply
- cultures in 20 millilitre and 250 millilitre quantities
- algal plate cultures for selected aquaculture strains
- a selection of discounted strains available for educational purposes.
Available microalgae strains
We have a large selection of microalgae strains PDF (959 KB), including those from marine, estuarine and freshwater species capturing Australia's unique microalgae biodiversity. We can supply commonly used aquaculture strains and toxin producing species. Selected strains are axenic (bacteria-free).
The ANACC Database provides basic information on available strains. It is hosted on a Filemaker Pro 16 Server platform. The current version was released October 2014 and is in Beta test mode. To access please visit the ANACC Database directory and select either CMARC Database (for microalgae strains) or CCLM Lipids (for ANACC Lipid file, which provides separate lipid profile information on selected strains).
Information on CSIRO coded strains no longer held or strains recently acquired and not data-based can be requested through the contact form below.
Our microalgae culture methods are also available online.