The program is comprised of two stages: Stage one is the online course and stage two is the Implementation project.
The online course is comprised of five self-paced modules (that take approximately five hours in total to complete).
- Cultural considerations
- Teaching science inquiry skills
- Embedding effective pedagogical practices
- Teaching with traditional context
- Strengthening school community partnerships.
Once the modules are completed, participants are given access to the I2S2 inquiry resources and materials that can be used in different teaching contexts.
The Implementation project focuses on three areas:
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander contexts
- Reflecting on I2S2 implementation in the classroom
- Student achievement data entry.
The Implementation project encourages participants to reflect on the online modules and apply the learning through implementation of an I2S2 inquiry in the classroom. It provides a framework for participants to gauge the effectiveness of the inquiry in relation to students' achievement and engagement results. The project takes approximately five hours (in total) to complete.