STEM Together includes
- A unique recognition program: STEM Together Future Shapers tailors prizes to a student’s or supporters’ area of interest
- Group learning: inspiring learning experiences, based on real-world STEM for student groups or classes
- Educators’ program: professional development events and classroom-ready toolkits for educators.
Who STEM Together is for
Bringing different perspectives to the table can have a positive impact on innovation and problem solving. STEM Together prioritises opportunities for Year 5 to 10 students1 that identify as one or more of the following groups:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- from schools in regional areas
- from schools in lower opportunity areas.
There are also opportunities for the educators, supporters, and the communities of these students to get involved.
Celebrating 21st Century skills
Along with science, technology, engineering and maths, the
opportunities in STEM Together are designed to develop and celebrate “21st
- creativity and innovation
- problem solving
- learning and growth
- critical thinking
STEM Together is powered by a partnership between CSIRO and the BHP Foundation, along with active involvement from industry and communities.
With access to industry role models, expertise and experiences, students can see STEM in action and potential career pathways.
If you represent a STEM-related organisation that would like to give back to its community, see Information for industry or get in touch at STEMTogether@csiro.au.
If you are an educator and would like to explore options for your students to connect with industry, contact us at STEMTogether@csiro.au.
- Includes students that are in Year 5 to 10 or would be in Year 5 to 10 if they were in the school system this year.