Future Shaper winners work with our team to create a prize that’s tailored to the topic or skills they’re interested in, and explore new ideas through real-world STEM.
For example, a Future Shaper could:
- connect to their ‘tribe’ at STEM camps or events
- take a trip in Australia to see their area of interest in action
- choose their own equipment or technology to keep exploring or creating; or
- get face time or mentoring from the experts on the cutting edge of STEM.
…or they could choose something else. That’s the beauty of Future Shapers!
After the main prize: Ambassadors
Future Shapers can also choose to access resources to help share their interest in their community. Some may also become STEM Together Ambassadors – where they can connect with program alumni and help to provide input into the STEM Together and Future Shapers programs.
We prioritise opportunities for Year 5 to 10 students* that identify as one or more of the following groups:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- from schools in regional areas
- from schools in lower opportunity areas.
We recognise students for their 21st Century skills, like curiosity, creativity and innovation, problem solving, learning and growth, critical thinking, perseverance, resourcefulness and/or connectedness.
You, or someone you know, can be recognised for helping these students* to build their confidence, capability, or connection with STEM.
Supporters can include, (but are not limited to) parents or family, elders, community group leaders, STEM industry professionals, educators, or other members of the community.
*Includes students that are in Year 5 to 10 or would be in Year 5 to 10 if they were in the school system this year.