The Academy will be working with cohorts of young Indigenous women from Year 8 through to University.
Students will come from all over Australia. The program is place-based and will be rolled-out in communities across the country. New regions will come online each year, to reach the target of 600 participants by 2023.
- Applications open PDF (757 KB) for 2022 recruitment.
Complete and sign the application form
Email/print the application PDF (757 KB) form for parents/carers and teachers to complete and sign.
- Students must be Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- Students must be female or female-identifying.
- Students must be passing English, Maths and Science at school.
Year 8 recruitment
- South Australia
- North Brisbane (to Bundaberg).
Year 9 recruitment
- Northern Territory
- West Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley and Toowoomba
- Central NSW and Australian Capital Territory.
Year 10 recruitment
- Please download and save the application – it cannot be completed online.
- Complete all sections of the application form and sign.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants must attach their most recent school report to the application email.
- Return the completed application to the Academy team at: email@example.com
- Please note there is no application closing date.
If you need help with your application or you are unsure if you are eligible to apply
Please contact us
Young Indigenous Women’s STEM Academy