A range of marine education resources developed by our Educator on Board alumni are available for free download.
These educational resources are based on the research experiences of our alumni during their voyage and provide a marine based context to support teaching and learning in schools.
Information contained in these educational resources may be used for non-commercial, educational purposes, provided that acknowledgement of its sources is included. CSIRO has not written and therefore, does not own IP copyright of these resources. Please refer to each individual resource for ownership, copyright and attribution details.
- Off the Planet
- Volcanoes of Eastern Australia
- Storm Chasers: How heat and convection help to form storm clouds
- 'Sea Sawdust' (Trichodesmium) and Biogeochemical Cycling
- Finding Feathers
- Conductivity Tester
- Ecology and the Limiting Factors for Life
- Catch My Drift
- Science as a Human Endeavour
- Toxic Algae STEM Investigation
- Taxonomic Identification and Species Data Collection
- Build your own plankton net
- An Introduction to Bathymetry
- Tracking the Northward Movement of the Australian Plate
The views and opinions expressed in materials created by parties other than CSIRO and included in these educational resources do not necessarily reflect those of CSIRO. CSIRO neither endorses nor is responsible for the content of such party’s material.
While reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the contents of these resources are factually correct, CSIRO does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the contents and shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be occasioned directly or indirectly through the use of, or reliance on, the contents of this educational resource.