During research placement
- teachers undertake a short research project with a CSIRO researcher (15-20 hours face-to-face time overall).
- write a unit of work which incorporates the research undertaken to share and use as part of their teaching program
- share this unit of work through CSIRO Education platforms after it has been piloted in their class,
- present their TRiPP experience to colleagues at either their school, or local school cluster and/or other local event
- complete a written evaluation.
“I found it so valuable to see what our national research organisation is working on, and more importantly how they go about their research. I think it provides a really valuable link between industry and the classroom which helps students to better understand potential future pathways. I would even see similar projects with students being really beneficial.”
— Teacher, QLD