Looking for a program for your SME?
Every day, we work to connect small to medium sized businesses (SMEs) to world-class research and development, whether within CSIRO or the Australian research ecosystem. Our SME Connect team help Australian start-ups, small and medium businesses uncover what’s possible through research and development; taking an idea from concept through to execution to drive business growth. We can connect you to the right research expertise for your business, as well as access to funding support, world-class facilities, training, and links to other CSIRO opportunities, networks and the Australian research sector.
Innovation Connections is a free one-on-one facilitated service to assist small and medium-sized businesses by establishing research priorities, locating researchers and providing access to funding to fast-track R&D projects.
Designed specifically for start-ups and established small businesses, CSIRO Kick-Start offers dollar-matched funding of $10,000 to $50,000 for collaborative research projects.
Innovate to Grow
Innovate to Grow is a training and mentorship program for SMEs looking to explore research and development for their business. The next program focuses on advanced manufacturing and opens 25 July 2022.
The SIEF Ross Metcalf STEM+ Business Fellowship program builds deeper connections between researchers and SMEs, accelerates the adoption of new ideas and technology, and helps SMEs grow into larger and more profitable organisations.
Lindfield Collaboration Hub
Lindfield Collaboration Hub is an innovation incubator. A dedicated space for start-ups and SME’s to develop unique, high-tech products and devices.
How can we assist your business?
SME Connect offers five programs, with three that have matched-funding grants for projects and placements for SME businesses of all sizes. We help SMEs by:
- streamlining the connection and collaboration process between SMEs and research organisations
- providing assistance at all stages of the collaboration process from start to finish.
- defining the business problem to be solved, and/or identifying the research opportunity
- locating the right research capability to meet those needs
- facilitating the project scoping and design
- accessing and applying for grant funding
- assisting with project agreements and contracting.