The health, safety and wellbeing of our people, partners and the community is our top priority.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do at CSIRO, and we are continuing to work closely with our partners and customers through this difficult time and beyond.
We have taken a number of measures since February 2020 to keep our workplaces and work practices COVID safe.
This plan applies to all of our Australian sites and each site has its own COVID Safe plan that aligns with the relevant Federal, State or Territory requirements.
The following health and safety measures apply on all sites:
- Physical distancing is practiced everywhere and we have increased cleaning undertaken in high traffic areas and for high touch surfaces
- Hand cleaning stations are located at all site entrances and our buildings and we have information available for everyone on safe practices (posters, handouts, MyCSIRO).
- Face masks are required where physical distancing is not possible and where it is directed by the State or Territory
- If our people are unwell, they are supported to stay home
- Meetings are conducted virtually or in rooms where physical distancing is implemented
- Meetings with collaborators and customers are conducted virtually and on site depending on the current situation at each site
- We have delivery protocols to limit contact between drivers and our people
- Our air-conditioning meets national standards
- Our COVID-19 Reporting and Response Protocol describes what we will do in the event of one of our people, contractors or visitors contracting COVID-19. We have protocols in place for communicating with the parties involved and for deep cleaning and management of the immediate workplace if the person was on site when contagious
- Research fieldwork is being undertaken subject to ongoing risk management assessments and safe working instructions. We have special protocols for working with vulnerable groups and communities.
- Visitors and contractors attending our sites register and complete a health declaration
- Our visitor centres are opening with COVID safe protocols in place.Please contact our centres before you visit.
Trevor Heldt, Director - Organisational Resilience
Documents supporting this plan
- COVID Safe Plans (for each site)
- Return to Site Plan
- Health Declaration by Contractors and Visitors
- COVID-19 Communication Protocol.
This plan is regularly reviewed and was last updated on 18/02/2021.