Since the start of the pandemic, the health and safety of our people, partners and the communities has been our top priority.
Requirements to attend a CSIRO site
We strongly encourage our staff and visitors to site to be up to date with their vaccinations against COVID-19.
If you are visiting a CSIRO site, you will need to sign in and show evidence that you have received at least two doses of a TGA-recognised COVID-19 vaccine or have an authorised medical exemption. This evidence can be in the form of a:
- COVID-19 digital Apple Wallet or Google Pay certificate
- Certificate of immunisation (including COVID- 19 digital certificate)
- Immunisation history statement obtained from the Australian Immunisation Register.
If you are unable to show evidence of your vaccination status or medical exemption, you will be required to adhere to additional controls measures before entering a CSIRO site. These are:
- undergoing a Rapid Antigen Test that returns a negative result within 48 hours prior to attending the site. CSIRO may require proof of the result of a Rapid Antigen Test; and
- wearing an appropriate face mask while attending the site. The face mask should only be removed in circumstances where it is not reasonably practicable for a face mask to be worn (such as consuming food or drink).
Please do not attend a CSIRO site if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or other contagious illnesses.
When you are on a CSIRO site, please consider wearing a face mask:
- when working in close proximity to other people (less than 1.5 metres apart)
- in high traffic areas or confined spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms, in lifts etc.
- in meeting rooms, if you are unable to maintain a 1.5 metre distance from others.
- in any circumstance where it makes you feel more comfortable.
The above requirements do not apply to members of the public who are attend our Visitor Centres including the Discovery Centre, Parkes Observatory, Compact Array Visitors Centre and Canberra Space Centre.
COVIDSafe measures on CSIRO sites
In addition to the above measures, we continue to implement a broad range of COVIDSafe measures across all CSIRO sites, including:
- Physical distancing is practiced and we have increased cleaning for high traffic areas and high touch surfaces
- Hand cleaning stations are located at all site entrances and throughout our buildings
- Face masks are encouraged where physical distancing is not possible and where it is directed by the State or Territory
- If our people are unwell, they are supported to stay home
- Meetings can be conducted virtually or in rooms where physical distancing is implemented
- Meetings with collaborators and customers can be conducted virtually and/or on site
- Our air-conditioning meets national standards
- We have protocols in place for what we do in the event one of our people, contractors or visitors has tested positive for COVID-19 at a CSIRO site.
- Research fieldwork is being undertaken subject to ongoing risk management assessments and safe working instructions. We have special protocols for working with vulnerable groups and communities.
- Visitors and contractors attending our sites must register and complete a health declaration.
In some jurisdictions additional requirements will apply, in line with local state and territory public health orders.
COVID-19 Response Team
This plan is regularly reviewed and was last updated on 29/06/2022.