Since the start of the pandemic, the health and safety of our people, partners and the communities has been our top
Requirements to attend a CSIRO site
We strongly encourage our staff and visitors to site to be up to date with their vaccinations against COVID-19. Please do not attend a CSIRO site if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or other contagious illnesses.
When you are on a CSIRO site, please consider wearing a face mask:
- when working in close proximity to other people (less than 1.5 metres apart)
- in high traffic areas or confined spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms, in lifts etc.
- in meeting rooms, if you are unable to maintain a 1.5 metre distance from others.
- in any circumstance where it makes you feel more comfortable.
We encourage members of the public who attend our Visitor Centres (including the Discovery Centre, Parkes Observatory, Compact Array Visitors Centre and Canberra Space Centre) to adopt COVIDSafe behaviours.
COVIDSafe measures on CSIRO sites
CSIRO continues to implement a broad range of COVIDSafe measures across all our sites, including:
- We have increased cleaning for high traffic areas and high touch surfaces
- Face masks are encouraged where physical distancing is not possible
- If our people are unwell, they are supported to stay home
- Meetings can be conducted virtually or in rooms where physical distancing is implemented
- Meetings with collaborators and customers can be conducted virtually and/or on site
- Our air-conditioning meets national standards
- We have protocols in place for what we do in the event one of our people, contractors or visitors has tested positive for COVID-19 at a CSIRO site.
- Research fieldwork is being undertaken subject to ongoing risk management assessments and safe working instructions. We have special protocols for working with vulnerable groups and communities.
- Visitors and contractors attending our sites must register before entering.
In some jurisdictions additional requirements may apply, in line with local state and territory public health orders.
COVID-19 Response Team: COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
This plan is regularly reviewed and was last updated on 28/10/2022.