About our Undergraduate Vacation Studentships
Our Undergraduate Vacation Studentships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offers high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO researchers in our world class facilities.
These prestigious studentships are highly sought after. Every year we offer over 100 opportunities to eligible undergraduate students in a number of disciplines.
What the studentship offers you
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, technology or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time and typically begin in late November or early December and can be from 8 - 12 weeks in length.
Successful applicants are able to expand their skills and knowledge and there are often opportunities for formal and informal training and development during their time with us. Students are usually required to write a report on their work experience and will have the opportunity to present their vacation project to their peers at the end of the studentship.
Vacation students will be paid a stipend and in some cases may also receive a contribution towards travel and accommodation costs.
Requirements and eligibility
To be considered for a Vacation Studentship:
- You need to be enrolled at an Australian University;
- You will have completed not less than three years of a full-time (or equivalent) undergraduate degree at commencement of the studentship, however exceptional second year students may be considered;
- You will have a strong academic record (credit average or higher);
- You intend to pursue a research career in science or technology, or a career in a related discipline; and
- You will need to be available to undertake a full-time placement for 8-12 weeks over the university summer vacation period.
How to apply
Opportunities will be advertised on our current vacancies portal in July each year.
Applications for the 202/2022 Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are now open. Please visit our Studentships page to see the opportunities available.