Before you apply:
- The eligibility criteria for Teachers, STEM professionals, Education leaders or Industry participants
- Your areas of interest, the sorts of activities you would like to do, and how often you'd like to do them
- Whether you are looking for a local partnership, or a long-distance partnership (which may involve more online engagement)
Child safety requirements
When you apply for STEM Professionals in Schools in the Education Portal, you will be asked to agree to comply with our Child Safe Policy.
For STEM professionals, this includes obtaining a Working With Children/Vulnerable People Check (WWCC/VP) which includes a National Police Certificate (NPC). We can offer support for you to obtain these, and cover the costs of the checks.
For volunteers based in South Australia:
Additional to the Working with Children Check (WWCC), all volunteers working in South Australian schools must complete (either in person or online) the mandatory training course for volunteers, Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC). The school principal will guide you through how it works.
The session explains what you are expected to do if you have concerns about the safety or wellbeing of children and young people. It helps you understand appropriate ways of relating with children and young people. Further information can be found on RAN-EC courses for volunteers.
How to apply: step-by-step
- Use the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this page to start your application within the Education and Outreach portal.
- Sign up and authenticate your account.
You will need a functioning email address and mobile phone/device to complete this process. Please choose an email address you check regularly as our team will communicate with you via email.
For assistance in signing up and authenticating your account, see this guide.
- Complete your profile.
The first time you log in, you will be asked to complete your profile. You can also log in and update your profile or contact details at any time.
- Complete your application for STEM Professionals in Schools.
Please complete all of the fields in the application form. Our team will use this information to assess your application. If you are eligible, they will send you a registration confirmation email. You can check the progress of your application by logging in to the portal and update your information as required.
We appreciate your support of STEM Professionals in Schools and look forward to receiving your application soon.