Robust, critical evaluations of STEM initiatives clearly identify what is working and what impact initiatives have. Drawing on such information helps to improve efficiency and effectiveness and better assist future decisions1.
Evaluations of the program to date have clearly established that the program delivers benefits to a range of stakeholders and that the program makes a unique contribution to Australian STEM Education.
At a national strategic level, the program presents a unique value-proposition, being one of the only nationally funded programs to target discrete equity groups, and the only one that does so with the inclusion of industry and business, providing participants with highly valued exposure to real-world STEM experiences and learning2.
Participation by teachers is spread across government, Catholic and independent sectors and includes a fairly even split of primary and secondary schools. STEM professionals from over 300 organisations in Australia including federal, state and local government organisations, universities and industries across all states and territories take part in the program. Four recent case study reports of partnerships provide insights into important aspects of the program.
Download the latest case study reports
Case study report #1 - Mentoring partnership (ACT) PDF (1 MB)
Case study report #2 – Remote school partnership with Indigenous students (NT) PDF (1 MB)
Case study report #3 - Extra-curricular robotics program (SA) PDF (2 MB)
Case study report #4 – All-girls extra-curricular mathematics program (NSW) PDF (2 MB)
- Education Council, 2019, STEM School Education Interventions, pg 4.
- Tessellate Communication, 2020, STEM Professionals in Schools 2018-19 program impact evaluation, pg 35.
Archived documents included on this page may not be accessible to assistive technologies. Please contact us if you require assistance with Accessibility.
Program evaluation reports
- STEM Professionals in Schools Impact evaluation report - 2020 - Executive Summary PDF (4 MB)
- STEM Professionals in Schools Impact evaluation report - 2020 -Executive Summary access version DOC (4 MB)
- Case study 1 - Mentoring partnership - final report accessible version DOC (4 MB)
- Case study 2 - Indigenous school - final report access version DOC (4 MB)
- Case study 3 - Extra curricular robotics program - final report access version DOC (4 MB)
- Case study 4 All-girls extra-curricular mathematics program - access version final report DOC (5 MB)
- Building Productive Partnerships for STEM Education - 2015 - Executive summary (Accessible text version) DOCX (162 KB)
- Building Productive Partnerships for STEM Education (Accessible text version) DOCX (2 MB)
- SiS Evaluation Report-2011 2012 (archive version) PDF (2 MB)
- SiSEvaluationReport 2008-2009 (archive version) PDF (1 MB)
- SiS Pilot Evaluation Final Report 2008 (archive version) PDF (2 MB)