The Generation STEM Links program provides high-quality internships and workplace skills to help tertiary students transition into STEM jobs after graduation. The program also aims to build and strengthen connections between industry and tertiary education institutions. A $2,500 grant is payable to industry partners on completion of the student placement.
The student wage to be paid by the industry partner is $25/hour minimum and the internship length is a minimum of 200 hours (5-6 weeks full-time to a maximum of 25 weeks part-time)
- Support for short-term project work and an opportunity to extend, without recruitment fees.
- An opportunity to build a potential pipeline of new, local talent for your organisation.
- Gain access to both top performing students and those who demonstrate a high-potential for success with a keen interest in STEM.
- Help to increase understanding of local STEM career opportunities and pathways, as well as raise the calibre of upcoming talent for your industry.
- Invest in the next generation of STEM talent and increase your organisation’s brand awareness within the community.
- The program can align to your corporate social responsibility; work experience, graduate, and trainee programs; and sustainability objectives.
Generation STEM Links is open to NSW STEM businesses with more than 5 employees operating in a STEM field and with projects/activities that will benefit a STEM student.
- Only NSW undergraduate or equivalent University or TAFE/VET STEM students in their penultimate to final year of undergraduate study are eligible to apply for the program placements.
- Students and Industry Partners/Employers should refer to the Generation STEM Links Eligibility and Guidelines PDF (184 KB) and make sure they meet all criteria before submitting an expression of interest (EOI) application form for the program.
- It is important to note that the program is only open for NSW businesses that are in the following location priority areas, including some special activation precincts (SAPs):
- Western Sydney
- Central Coast
- New England (including Moree SAP)
- North West NSW (including Narrabri SAP)
- North Coast NSW
- Central West NSW
- Hunter (including Williamstown SAP)
- Riverina-Murray (including Wagga Wagga SAP)
- Snowy Region SAP
Expression of interest (EOI) applications by students and industry partners/employers are accepted throughout 2022. If you are interested in participating in this program, complete and submit the Generation STEM Links Expression of Interest Industry Partner Form to express your interest.
Generation STEM is made possible by a $25 million endowment from the NSW Government to the Science and Industry Endowment Fund.