Applications to participate in ON Accelerate are now open
Apply before midnight Friday 16 September 2022.
ON Accelerate is a free program that gives teams the skills and support to validate and develop a high potential innovative venture. The program focusses on business models, market validation, capital raising and storytelling.
All IP remains the property of the team or their sponsoring institute, participation is free and all participants are required to sign non-disclosure agreements for IP protection.
What teams will get out of ON Accelerate
ON Accelerate will provide you with information and experience in skills teams need to develop a high potential innovative venture.
You'll work with specialists in:
- media management
- performance coaching
- finance and contract management
- investor relations
- team building.
Which will help you develop skills to:
- evaluate term sheets
- pitch to VCs
- learn about prototyping
- build your business model
- connect with an amazing network around the country.
Who can participate in ON Accelerate
To participate in ON Accelerate, you must apply with a team of two to five people. All team members should be based in Australia for the duration of the program.
Your team must include:
- one person who is a researcher at an Australian research organisation
- a current or recently completed (<24 months) PhD students from an Australian university.
The rest of your team may include anyone else you think will add value to your team, for example:
- your colleagues
- people from other research organisations
- community representatives
- industry partners
- university students
- someone from your organisation involved in research services, tech transfer, communications.
Teams from an Australian startup or SME that has IP licenced or acquired from an Australian university or publicly funded research organisation may also be eligible.
How ON Accelerate is delivered
Up to 20 teams are selected from the online application process to participate in a two-day selection bootcamp, delivered face-to-face. ON Accelerate is delivered to the top 10 teams that are identified through the bootcamp process.
Program participation involves a three-month commitment. The program kicks off with a full week delivered face-to-face. You’ll then take part in five two-day level-up sessions every second week, meeting with your allocated innovation mentor in the weeks between. The program culminates with a publicly facing event where you will showcase your work and expand your ON network even further.
During ON Accelerate teams will have the opportunity to showcase their idea to multinational corporations, large Australian enterprises, SMEs, government, investors and universities.
What time commitment is required
The program requires substantial effort and allocation from teams. All team members should be available to participate in the workshop sessions and at least one team member should focus full-time on the project for the duration of the program.
We are currently accepting applications for ON Accelerate. This intake of ON Accelerate will commence with a bootcamp in late November 2022, with the program running from February to May 2023.
We anticipate opening another call for applications for ON Accelerate in mid-2023, for delivery late 2023 to mid-2024.
To be notified of upcoming rounds, subscribe to our mailing list
How to apply
Applying to participate in ON Accelerate is a multi-step process:
- Submit an online application
Each team is required to register via the online application portal then submit an application. Access to the portal will be made available when applications open.
- Application review and evaluation
At the closure of the application period, all applications will be reviewed by representatives of their lead organisation. This is to ensure that each team has engaged their sponsoring institute and has full support to participate in the program.
Each application is evaluated by multiple experts from our extended network. The highest rated applications will be invited to participate in the two-day selection bootcamp.
- Participate in selection bootcamp
The top teams participate in a two-day selection bootcamp, after which a final cohort are selected for ON Accelerate.
Applications are evaluated against how clearly they have articulated the following points:
- the solution and value proposition for their product or service
- evidence of the problem that their solution addresses
- the identified target market and customer segments of their product or service
- strength and coverage of relevant skillsets within the team
- demonstration of commercially relevant traction or uptake of their technology
- alignment between the team goal and objectives of ON Accelerate
- evidence that a startup venture is the most appropriate pathway to impact.
Have a question?
If you have questions about ON Accelerate, please contact us on email email@example.com
Register to attend an ON Accelerate online information session on Tuesday 16 August, 1-2pm (AEST).