Innovative solutions for agriculture
We're working on integrated solutions that will provide sustainable diets for all amid global challenges.
To feed the world's growing population and support national economies and rural livelihoods, we need to continue finding innovative solutions for agriculture, land use and food security. At the same time, we need to overcome challenges of resource competition, degradation and climate change.
Boosting production alone will not be enough to maintain a healthy population; we also need to increase the availability of nutritious food.
Our research aims to create opportunities for agriculture internationally that helps deliver on the global sustainable development goals and positions Australian agriculture and agricultural research to prosper in a rapidly changing world.
Our expertise and research includes:
- Participatory design and value chain analysis that contributes to research for development and policy platforms
- Research on how agriculture and food systems can transform to achieve sustainable diets for all, contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Research on global land use and the economic context in which food is produced through contributing to global integrated assessments and international research initiatives
- Technologies and practices to reduce and account for greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation potential across the value chain
- Practical adaptation strategies that will ensure the long term viability of rural enterprises and communities threatened by climate change
- In-depth knowledge of systems and innovation to help partners target interventions that deliver the greatest impact
- Identifying challenges and opportunities for innovation in agri-food systems
- Brokering partnerships across agri-food research and business.