Food companies work with us in a number of ways including:
- on strategic long-term scientific research and development collaborations
- on short-term technology transfer projects and fee for service activities
- hire of our facilities, equipment or skilled labour for technical assessments, prototype batches and early-commercialisation work
- in consultancy arrangements providing technical expertise and assessments
- as on-site clients for start-up incubation or access to high-capital technologies
- licensing CSIRO intellectual property
- attending innovation workshops, industry forums and training.
We also help companies make connections between co-manufacturers, ingredient and equipment suppliers and consultants as well as submit grant applications.
Companies can be certain that their work with us is totally confidential through our confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and private R&D spaces.
We've recently helped our clients to:
- commercialise more than 25 new products, ingredients and technologies
- grow their sales by more than $200m
- create world-first competitive advantages such as patents and licensing
- position themselves for early adoption of the next wave of transformative innovations.
Our food innovation centre makes it easy for companies to innovate.
Welcome to CSIRO's food innovation centre
To discuss how we can help your business, contact
Mr Darren Gardiner
Food Manufacturing Leader (AGRICULTURE & FOOD)
As our food manufacturing leader and with a background in dairy industry innovation, Darren can help you with your facility or equipment hire needs.