FAQ: National AI Centre Frequently asked questions
The National AI Centre will pursue projects and activities in three overarching themes, in its initial stages. The themes are AI at Scale, Responsible AI, and AI for Diversity and Inclusion.
- AI at Scale will address the opportunity business has to move from pilot AI projects to full scale production implementation. This also includes the availability of AI infrastructure.
- Responsible AI is about delivering gold standard principles, tools and practices to help business develop, adopt and operationalise responsible and ethical AI into their business.
- AI for Diversity and Inclusion will focus on driving diversity in talent and delivering principles and tools to ensure that AI systems are inclusive - all the way from how they're created, to how they run, and the impact they create.
The National AI Centre has a role in connecting our AI ecosystem and collaborating with local and global organisations to unlock Australia's AI opportunity.
On the listening tour, Director Stela Solar will be meeting with people across the Australian AI ecosystem including researchers, technology companies, SME's, industry, state and local government, and universities to find out their needs, challenges and aspirations.
If you would like to be a part of the tour, contact us by email, or using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
There are five ways you can partner with the National AI Centre:
- Foundation partner: A cohort enabling creation of “trusted paths to AI” e.g. frameworks, demonstration projects, case studies, tools, processes, and c-suite guidance. These partnerships are aligned to the three central themes: AI at scale, responsible AI and diversity and inclusion.
- AI ecosystem member: Join the Australian AI capability network for promotion and awareness across national and international industry. #AustralianAI
- AI for missions: Mission project partnerships will co-create AI-led solutions solving some of the biggest challenges.
- Global transformation partner: For research and not-for profit organisations, global transformation partners will collaborate and transform critical international supply chain arteries with AI.
Special project partner: Specific projects (currently being determined) which drive to a particular outcome e.g. skilling delivery, AI infrastructure investment, industry study, AI careers and mentorship desk.
To discuss partnerships further, connect with us by email, or by using the contact button at the bottom of the page.
By working across the AI ecosystem and working with skills providers and our partners, the National AI Centre will identify and scale training opportunities for businesses and workers.