A reliable, real-time pH and redox monitoring system for harsh environments
A robust sensor technology, Vesi™ is capable of measuring chemical process parameters in very harsh environments. It enables customers to achieve a greater understanding of their harshest process environments; allowing them to more effectively optimise their processes.
Mineral processing operations often can't measure all the chemical properties they need in order to better control their processes.
Existing sensors can't be embedded long term for continuous chemical measurement, because they are too fragile, unstable and require frequent removal for calibration. Instead, traditional monitoring of processes, such as leaching, involves taking samples, analysing them outside the process stream and making adjustments accordingly.
The drawback is delayed results and the risk that the sampling itself may change the results.
Our solution provides robust solid-state sensors that provide real-time measurements without ongoing calibration. They operate in highly acidic environments, up to 40 degrees Celsius and in either liquid or wet material.
Vesi™ solid-state sensor solution is currently undergoing trials in automated groundwater monitoring application. We are actively seeking partners with water quality monitoring problems to participate in a commercialisation grant and significantly subsidised field trials in 2021. Find out more PDF (348 KB) about participating as a trial partner.
- Vesi™ is an engineered end-to-end sensor, hardware and software solution incorporating CSIRO's proprietary sensors for measuring multiple chemical properties (pH, ORP) in embedded aqueous applications
- No other sensor solution can provide real-time, continuous measurements in such harsh environments for periods of 12 months or more.
- Third-party sensors can be integrated
- Solution includes data visualisation tools for ease of data interpretation, a customised solar-powered solution for off-grid operation and can be combined with existing operational systems
- Laboratory and pilot scale studies have informed the design of a commercial prototype with pH, Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP), conductivity and temperature sensors, including easy-to-use software and data acquisition system.
- 30 units are currently being deployed as part of a large scale customer trial for remote area groundwater monitoring
- Vesi™ is applicable to the mineral resources, environment, water utilities, industrial water and chemical processing industries.
- pH sensor
- Reference electrode
- Method for deployment into heap leaching
- Environmental groundwater monitoring.
Our Vesi™ team has a diverse background in sensors, electrochemistry, process chemistry, material science, systems and software integration and engineering, as well as a long history of working with the mining and chemical industries. We have a high-calibre product supplier for outsourced design/manufacture, with the ability to scale.