A revolutionary technology to capture CO2 from ambient air for use as a gas or for conversion to pure, pelletised dry-ice for industrial, commercial and domestic use.
- Our CO2 generator prototype produces up to 2 tons per annum of CO2.
- Power requirement is only 2.3 kWh per kg-CO2 or 573 W.
- Generates pure CO2 directly from air (Direct Air Capture) using small footprint unit.
- Moves from fixed centralised production to distributed production of pure CO2 and products (e.g. dry ice), minimising transport and storage costs.
- Enabled by novel high surface area and tuneable Metal Organic Framework (MOF) materials.
- Optimised for performance in the presence of moisture and for best energy economics.
- Written testimonials obtained from several industry early adopters, with field trials being planned.
- Investment funds and partners currently being sought to take the product to market.
- Distributed dry ice on demand
- Liquid or gaseous CO2
- Beverages and breweries
- Background IP includes a suite of 14 patents covering improved MOF materials, scalable methods of MOF manufacture and deep know-how for tuning properties for specific applications
- Some IP to be selectively licensed out for exploitation in field-limited applications.
The Airthena CO2 team is a sub-set of the MOF team and comprises material scientists, engineers, mathematicians and technicians that have developed a leading direct air capture prototype.