Remote communities, industries, agriculture and mining sites can all benefit from fit-to-purpose water treatment stations. They all have opportunities to recover clean water from saline groundwater or industrial water sources using reverse osmosis (RO).
However, a series of pre-treatment steps – including the addition of chemicals – is typically required to meet strict water quality requirements for the RO process to achieve an acceptable standard.
Our FO-RO technology integrates RO with forward osmosis (FO) at the pre-treatment stage to eliminate the usual, extensive pre-treatment steps. This integration reduces operational costs and reduces the volume of disposable waste brine. It produces a consistent quality of reusable water as a result.
FO-RO offers a range of benefits. The technology:
- provides a modular and scalable solution with a low treatment footprint
- eliminates the extensive pre-treatment requirement of reverse osmosis
- is an excellent treatment solution for challenging wastewater
- reduces waste brine volume
- provides double barrier protection for microbial contaminants.
- Provides potable water for remote communities.
- Remediates wastewater produced by industries including mining, abattoirs and feedlots.
Design, construction and operational knowhow from fundamental to large-scale demonstration.
The technologies have been developed by a team of chemical, mechanical and electrical and control engineers, chemists and environmental scientists.