The full undertaking is available on Comcare's website.
The three main components of the enforceable undertaking are:
1. Virtual and augmented reality health safety and environment (HSE) risk management training package
A HSE risk management training package to equip participants with best practice knowledge to identify and control HSE risks in laboratories.
The engaging training method will be completed by August 2022 and made available for all Australians.
2. Work health and safety risk management in project approval and management tool
A HSE risk management module has been integrated into CSIRO’s project management system, to provide a centralised and consistent approach to identifying and managing risk early in the research project lifecycle.
Contact us if you would like to learn more.
3. Health and safety technical guidance for infrastructure in high-risk environments
A suite of comprehensive guidance material has been developed in consultation with independent engineering consultants:
- chemical storage area technical guide PDF (828 KB)
- chemical storage area technical guide (text version) RTF (122 KB)
- reticulated gas installations and maintenance technical guide PDF (606 KB)
- reticulated gas installations and maintenance technical guide (text version) RTF (84 KB)
- managing hazardous areas technical guide PDF (2 MB)
- managing hazardous areas technical guide (text version) RTF (126 KB).
The guides aggregate existing Australian standards and practices and are available for all Australian facilities.
These guides summarise legislative requirements and best practice specifications from Australian Standards, Model Codes of Practice and other reputable sources. While these guides cover most aspects of reticulated gas installations and maintenance, chemicals storage and managing hazardous areas, they are not exhaustive. CSIRO will endeavour to maintain these guides to ensure they reflect current legislative obligations and best practice guidance.
CSIRO encourages the reader to consider all relevant legislative obligations and any recent updates to applicable guidance materials.