What is in the primary types list?
The spreadsheet lists all primary types (holotypes, neotypes, lectotypes, syntypes) held, to our knowledge, in the Australian National Insect Collection.
We endeavour to update the list twice per year.
Download the ANIC primary types spreadsheet XLSX (4 MB).
Digitising our primary types
We are currently digitising our primary types. You can view high-resolution dorsal and lateral images and associated labels on CSIRO’s Data Access Portal. The following groups are now available:
- Blattodea (cockroaches)
- Diptera - Dixidae (meniscus midges)
- Hymenoptera - Bees (Apoidea: Anthophila)
- Hymenoptera - Mutillidae (velvet ants)
- Hymenoptera - Pompilidae (spider wasps)
- Mecoptera (scorpionflies)
- Orthoptera - Rhaphidophoridae (cave crickets)
Please send an email if you think the list is incomplete.
Dr David Yeates
Group Leader and Director of ANIC (NATL COLLECTIONS & MARINE INFRASTRUCTURE)