The current methods for employing solid catalysts in industry most often use packed bed or slurry reactor systems, which pose many heat and mass transport limitations. We alleviate these with our innovative 3D printed catalytic static mixers (CSMs).
- Enables continuous flow production of chemicals via novel and highly efficient structured catalysts
- Potential to optimise the design for each application in terms of surface-area, fluid flow, and heat & mass transfer
- Anticipated increased productivity and/or fewer side-products (e.g. up to 1000 times increase in space-time yield observed in the production of some chemicals)
- Third generation catalytic static mixers have been produced enabling up to several kg/day production capacity for hydrogenation reactions and can scale linearly to several t/day and higher
- Optimisation studies with respect to various catalytic species and target reactions have been performed
- Customers are invited to try out the technology for their own applications at a modest fee using the state-of the art CSIRO hydrogenation test facilities or by purchasing samples for R&D use from our commercial partners Precision Plating
- Flavours and Fragrances
- Fine chemicals
Five patents filed covering the design and additive manufacturing process of the static mixer, application of the catalytic coating, and the use of the CSM in continuous flow chemical applications.
How to engage with us
- The technology is available for licensing on a non-exclusive basis for a fixed annual fee. If you are interested to learn more, please contact us.
- If you would like to evaluate the technology for your chemical processing needs or for academic research please get in contact with us directly or with our commercial partner Precision Plating, who are the licensed commercial supplier of CSMs.
FloWorks is actively engaged in flow chemistry processes for the pharmaceutical and fine chemical sectors and also has developed specialised technology in controlled polymerisation and catalysis.