The India Australia Rapid Innovation and Startup Expansion (RISE) Accelerator is purpose-built to help Indian and Australian startups with mature cutting-edge technology fast-track their cross-border impact.
RISE Accelerator is delivered through a powerful partnership between:
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, the Government of India's flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
Applications are now open
Visit the RISE Accelerator website for more information and to apply. Applications close 7 January 2024.
About the program
The RISE Accelerator provides support to startups, micro, and small-to-medium enterprises who are working on innovative technology and are considering overseas expansion between India and Australia.
The program is designed to support startups that are addressing shared national challenges. Initially the RISE Accelerator will focus on supporting startups working on environment and climate technologies – areas of importance to both India and Australia.
The program will be tailored to support startups working on a range of areas such as:
- climate smart agriculture
- clean energy
- waste and circular economy
- climate smart mobility.
There is no charge for startups to participate in the RISE Accelerator program.
What you'll get out of the program
Participating in the RISE Accelerator will help you amplify chances of success in India and Australia. Startups will be able to:
- gain valuable market, cultural and regulatory insight
- fast track connections to the right partners and customers. We will connect you with people who will help you on your journey, including on-the-ground mentors, funders, suppliers, distributors, regulators and researchers
- grow and scale their technology and research overseas
- pilot, adapt and validate technology for a new market
- visibility of joint-innovation funds, grants and investors in each region.
Who should participate in the program
The program is open to startups in India and Australia with mature innovative technology, typically with a high technology readiness level (e.g. pilot system developed, or actual system proven through successful operations), who are interested in expanding overseas.
Startups with lower technology readiness level, who have a high potential for social, environmental or economic impact may be selected to participate.
How to apply
Applications are now open. Visit the RISE Accelerator website for more information and to apply.