Our program brings together an industry partner, a university and CSIRO to provide you with an opportunity to undertake industry-relevant research while earning your PhD.
You will undertake a co-designed research project to develop your ability to translate research into commercial outcomes. You’ll get real-world experience and access to specialised expertise, equipment and training.
Our graduates develop transferable professional skills and are well positioned to work at the cutting edge of industry focussed research.
- admission to a university PhD program
- a four-year scholarship package of $45,000 per annum
- a four-year Project Expense and Development package of up to $13,000 per annum
- a six-month industry internship
- professional development training to develop your applied research skills
- supervision by CSIRO, an industry partner and the host university.
- Create impact by conducting research relevant to an industry partner
- Deepen networks with industry, university and CSIRO
- Develop a broad range of industry-focussed skills
- Strengthen knowledge in entrepreneurship, innovation and translation of research
- Grow transferable professional skills such as communication, teamwork, management and organisational skills
- Gain access to specialised expertise, equipment and training from industry, university and CSIRO
- Boost employability and broaden future career opportunities.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, intake dates and other program details, visit our student information page.
Partner with us
We are looking for business leaders to join this industry-focused program. The program provides access to specialised research expertise in an exploratory, collaborative setting and provides opportunities to strengthen existing relationships or forge new connections with Australian universities and CSIRO.
The program is available to all Australian businesses or businesses with a substantial presence in Australia. However, Government and not-for-profit organisations are excluded. Businesses must be able to contribute $12,000 per annum over four years towards the student scholarship, be well-equipped to host a student for a six-month internship and meet co-supervision requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an industry partner, please contact us.
Our program is available to all Australian universities and is designed to support strengthening industry-university relationships to drive research translation and commercialisation.
The university must provide a fee offset, appropriate academic supervisor/s and administers the student’s PhD tenure, including an internship with the industry partner.
If you work within the Graduate Research School or University Leadership and would like to learn more about how the program may be integrated into your university training system, please contact us.
If you are a university researcher who has a potential project idea in mind, please contact us.