How you’ll benefit as a Generation STEM Links participant
Recruiting and training an intern for your organisation takes time – that’s where Generation STEM Links can help. We work with educational institutions across NSW to attract quality students to available opportunities and help you to find the right candidate.
By participating in the program, you’ll meet top-performing students and those who demonstrate a high potential for success with a keen interest in STEM.
Best of all, the student will also be able to support your business on short-term projects and potentially become your future star employee.
Aside from talent-related benefits, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with local STEM education providers and play a role in raising the calibre of upcoming talent for your industry.
The program is flexible and can align with your corporate social responsibility, work experience, graduate and training programs, and sustainability objectives. Industry partners are required to pay the student intern a minimum of $25/hour.
To assist with some of the costs associated, industry partners will receive $2,500 per student from Generation STEM Links after completion of the internship to cover their time and expenses.
Interested to find out more or ready to apply?
Expression of interest (EOI) applications by industry partners/employers are currently being accepted.
What support is provided?
- management of the recruitment process from start to finish, including screening of applications/candidates
- support for onboarding, induction and regular check-ins during the placement
- promotion of placement opportunities to local STEM students and tertiary institutions.
What businesses are eligible to apply?
- have support from the CEO, Owner, General Manager, Executive Leadership Team and/or Board to place student
- operating for more than three years
- have relevant insurance, including work cover and public liability insurance
- can provide a safe work environment in line with standard industry EHS standards
- have a minimum of five employees
- show a commitment to, and have the skills, capability, or expertise to place students interested in STEM
- be located or have an office in NSW
- please refer to the Generation STEM Links Program Guidelines PDF (184 KB) for more information.
FAQ: Industry Partners
Student interns are required to be employed by your business, either as a casual or part-time staff member. This will ensure they’re protected by all relevant insurances and they agree to comply with your company policies.