Why Generation STEM Links is good for your business
Recruiting and training an intern takes time – here's how Generation STEM Links can help.
- We work with educational institutions across NSW to attract quality students to available opportunities and help you to find the right candidate.
- You'll meet top-performing students and those who demonstrate a high potential for success with a keen interest in STEM.
- Industry partners will receive $2,500 per student from Generation STEM Links after completion of the internship to cover their time and expenses.
- We manage the recruitment process from start to finish, including screening of applications/candidates (saving you time).
- You'll have the opportunity to connect with local STEM education providers and play a role in raising the calibre of upcoming talent for your industry.
- Best of all, the student will also be able to support your business on short-term projects and potentially become your future star employee.
The program is flexible and can align with your corporate social responsibility, work experience, graduate and training programs, and sustainability objectives. Industry partners are required to pay the student intern a minimum of $25/hour.
Ready to apply?
What businesses are eligible to apply?
- have support from the CEO, Owner, General Manager, Executive Leadership Team and/or Board to place student
- are a registered business or organisation, operating for more than 3 years
- have relevant insurance, including work cover and public liability insurance
- can provide a safe work environment in line with standard industry EHS standards
- have a minimum of five employees, with at least one of those employees having the relevant STEM skills to provide guidance and mentorship to the student intern
- New South Wales-based.
Please refer to the Generation STEM Links Program Guidelines PDF (299 KB) for more information.