We're developing innovative solutions to better detect and prevent chronic illnesses including cancer, Alzheimer's and metabolic diseases.
Leading healthier lives for longer
With the potential to ease the burden of disease in Australia, the evolving diagnostics industry is facilitating a shift from managing chronic diseases as they arise to detecting them well before they've had a chance to take hold.
We're contributing to this rapidly expanding industry by developing solutions to detect chronic diseases like cancer, Alzheimer's disease and metabolic diseases earlier and more accurately than ever before.
This can help us to intervene at the earliest moment, develop more effective treatment, and even prevent certain diseases from developing in the first place – helping Australians and the rest of the world to lead healthier lives for longer.
Developing advanced diagnostics
With strong clinical collaborations and our Future Science Platforms, our diagnostics research team delivers across the following areas:
- developing robust biomarkers to more accurately detect diseases earlier
- creating new models of human disease for drug and bioactive testing
- developing non-invasive saliva and oral swab tests.
Our partners in diagnostics
We've partnered with:
- Rhythm Biosciences
- to develop and commercialise a highly sensitive blood test for the early detection of colorectal cancer, ColoSTAT™.
- Clinical Genomics and Flinders University
- to develop a blood test for the recurrence of colorectal cancer, Colvera™, which was successfully launched in the US market in 2017.
- to develop new markers of Alzheimer's disease in saliva.