Supporting better health for all Australians
Our research in health and nutrition science enables us to make significant contributions to Australia’s health and wellbeing.
- We deliver real-world health solutions to all Australians through providing easily accessible, science-based diet and lifestyle recommendations.
- We support science based public programs, helping them to better achieve their health goals.
- We can support the food and beverage supply chain, companies, governments, policy makers and more through innovative digital tools, datasets and specialised dietary and behavioural analyses.
Our science has reached the public through bookshops, online, on mobile devices, in chemists, and in supermarkets – and we're always looking at new ways to support healthier Australians.
Our areas of focus
CSIRO scientists in public health and nutrition science are committed to furthering research in the following areas:
- community and population studies
- working with specific groups, or in specific settings
- improving health behaviour
- developing new ways to measure dietary intake.
Informing market opportunities & guiding nutrition strategies
Our scientists have created a range of dietary assessment, analysis and modelling tools to inform research and assist food manufacturers, governments, policy makers, and more. These include:
Sensory diet database
- A unique database describing the sensory characteristics of Australian food and beverages.
Food Labelling Advisory Group
- Assisting food companies to navigate food labelling regulations and, in particular, make appropriately substantiated health claims about food products.
Do business with us to help your organisation thrive
We partner with small and large companies, government and industry in Australia and around the world.
Contact us now to start doing business