As Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO is well positioned to support governments, industries and communities through the energy transition.
Science and innovation will be critical in supporting Australia’s transition, which is being driven by new technologies, changing consumer preferences, and efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
As we move towards a net zero emissions future, the four key components of the energy sector — electricity, industry, transport and exports — are evolving rapidly. In this dynamic landscape, CSIRO provides reliable, actionable, evidence-based research.
We have developed a suite of factsheets that examine the role key aspects of the energy system will play in Australia's energy transition, including how CSIRO is helping to overcome associated challenges.
Download the factsheets
- Blue carbon PDF (207 KB)
- Carbon capture, use and storage PDF (129 KB)
- Electricity grid PDF (144 KB)
- Energy storage PDF (205 KB)
- Hydrogen PDF (171 KB)
- Low carbon materials PDF (181 KB)
- Soil carbon PDF (295 KB)
Download an accessible text version of the factsheet:
- Blue carbon RTF (487 KB)
- Carbon capture use and storage RTF (4 MB)
- Electricity grid RTF (260 KB)
- Energy storage RTF (463 KB)
- Hydrogen RTF (378 KB)
- Low carbon materials RTF (404 KB)
- Soil carbon RTF (716 KB)