CSIRO's Industry PhD (iPhD) Program brings together an industry partner, a university and Australia’s leading science agency, CSIRO, to co-develop a four-year industry-focused PhD project. It provides PhD students with a unique skill set to focus on impact driven research.
View our current student scholarships.
CSIRO’s Industry PhD program is being delivered as part of the Australian Government initiative to better translate university research into commercialisation outcomes.
- Provide PhD students with opportunities to develop translational research skills, establish professional networks and increase future career prospects.
- Develop new or strengthen existing relationships between research organisations and industry.
- Deliver industry research solutions and specialised knowledge to solve challenges and create new products.
- Enhance innovation and commercialisation through research organisation and industry knowledge transfer.
- Support research projects which are aligned to Government priorities to help strengthen Australia’s economic growth and productivity.
- Provide universities with a deeper understanding of industry requirements, priorities, and culture.