The ACDP Year in Review 2022 provides an overview of our activities for the 2022 calendar year.
This report details our achievements in delivering on our purpose of disease prevention, preparedness, surveillance and response.
While 2022 saw us transition to learning to live with COVID-19, the steady move southwards in Asia of foot-and-mouth disease, lumpy skin disease and African swine fever posed an increased risk of incursion of these diseases to Australia.
Download the full report to read about our research to prepare and protect Australia from endemic, new, emerging and zoonotic infectious diseases, through:
- working closely with our neighbours to develop improved capability in diagnosis and response to animal disease
- using a One Health approach in response to an unprecedented outbreak of the mosquito-borne Japanese encephalitis virus
- continuing to deliver on our core responsibilities
- establishing a new research program in infectious animal diseases and zoonoses
- our commitment to enhanced surveillance systems, improved predictive modelling and development of new vaccines
- and much more.
Download ACDP 2022 | Year in Review
- Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness Year in Review | 2022 PDF (7 MB)
- Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness Year in Review | 2022 (accessible text) TXT (132 KB)