Scientists at CSIRO's Botanical Extracts Laboratory work with industry on commercial research. The team at the Botanical Extracts Lab work across:
- extraction of therapeutic ingredients using a range of techniques
- accurate analysis of a wide range of active ingredients and other components\
- manufacturing process development
- formulation to improve bioavailability and/or shelf-life
- evaluation of dosing technology and devices
- the design and synthesis of synthetic medicine.
“Research that creates new and enhanced medical products and improves upon the manufacturing process, is important for Australia’s medicinal cannabis industry to compete in a global market.”Peter Crock, Chair of Medicinal Cannabis Industry Australia