We help Australian businesses develop new products, components and materials. Whether you’re a start-up, SME or multinational, CSIRO can help deliver innovative solutions for your business.
Our research is based on multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities and uses world-class infrastructure. We partner with industry to develop innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
Our manufacturing and materials research capabilities include:
- new metals and additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- batteries and innovative energy solutions
- advanced fibres, resins and chemicals
- prototyping and engineered systems
- vaccines and pharmaceuticals (small molecule and biological)
- medical technologies – drug delivery, biomedical materials and diagnostics
- materials characterisation
We have a proud track record of reducing our customers’ risk, while increasing their commercial opportunities and profitability.
As one of the world’s largest, multi-disciplinary science organisations, our equipment includes world class facilities found no-where else in Australia. This enables you to ‘try before you buy’ so you can find the best way to make your product before investing in your own equipment. CSIRO’s support doesn’t stop at the lab door, our SME Connect program provides commercialisation and funding support.
Meet the Manufacturing Leadership Team:
- Director - Marcus Zipper
- Science Director - Paul Savage
- Business Development and Commercial Director - Mariann Fee
- Research Director, Advanced Fibres and Chemical Industries Program - John Tsanaktsidis
- Research Director, Biomedical Manufacturing - Jack Ryan
- Research Director, Industrial Innovation - Fiona Scholes
- Research Director, Materials Characterisation - Natasha Wright
- Research Director, Metal Industries - Leon Prentice
Interested in our research?
Find out more