Working with our partners, we're assembling strong multidisciplinary research teams to tackle major national and international health and biosecurity challenges. Our goal is to deliver solutions to ensure Australia is prepared and ready to respond to existing and emerging risks.
Our research programs focus on health and biosecurity preparedness and responsiveness, digital health, and health and wellbeing.
We deliver impact in the following areas
- Implementing platforms, monitoring technologies, emergency response approaches to respond and prepare Australia against health and biosecurity risks to create resilient human populations, environments, and industries
- Accelerating the technologically and digitally driven transformation of Australia's healthcare and biosecurity systems
- Improving the health and wellbeing of all Australians with personalised or precision health technologies and individual-centric health interventions
Through our research, we're creating a resilient population and health system for Australia.
Meet the Health and Biosecurity Leadership Team
- Director - Rob Grenfell
- Deputy Director - Lynne Cobiac
- Executive Manager Operations - Keith Sclater
- Business Development Executive Manager - Lionel Henderson
- Research Director, Australian e-Health Research Centre - David Hansen
- Research Director, Managing Invasive Species and Diseases - Andy Sheppard
- Research Director, Nutrition and Health - Bev Muhlhausler
- Research Director, Risk, Evaluation and Preparedness - Paul De Barro
- Platform Lead, Probing Biosystems Future Science - Stephen Rose
- Platform Lead, Precision Health Future Science - Nathan O’Callaghan