We apply world class multidisciplinary science, technology and facilities, relevant IP and global networks across the value chain to create healthier, trusted, safer and more sustainable food and fibre for the future.
Our research from gene to plate increases productivity and efficiencies at the farm level, improves the quality and yield of Australian crops, develops innovative food processing technologies, creates new value-added foods, and is growing the nation’s livestock, aquaculture and fishery industries.
We have a diverse range of people and partnerships that span Australia and 25 countries, fostering a shared vision to create measurable economic, environmental and social impact.
Our research programs
- Traits - Providing genetic solutions to improve yield and protect crops from major diseases and insect pests.
- Crops - Increasing the productivity and value of major Australian food and beverage crops through the application of modern pre‐breeding and breeding technologies.
- Livestock and Aquaculture - Delivering genetic and animal management technologies to transform the breeding, health, monitoring, nutrition, production and sustainability of the livestock and aquaculture sectors.
- Systems - Providing innovative farming systems that improve agricultural productivity and resilience under economic and environmental variability.
- Sustainability - Delivering pathways and technology for sustainable and inclusive agri‐food and fibre systems.
- Food - Science that underpins the development and delivery of healthy, safe and sustainable foods, food ingredients and beverages.
Meet the Agriculture and Food Leadership Team
- Director - Michael Robertson
- Deputy Director - Jen Taylor
- Deputy Director - Michelle Colgrave
- Executive Manager, Business Development & Commercialisation - Andrew Chalmers
- Research Director, Crops - Anne Rae
- Research Director, Food - Leif Lundin
- Research Director, Livestock & Aquaculture - Mat Cook
- Research Director, Sustainability - Larelle McMillan
- Research Director, Systems - Ben Trevaskis
- Research Director, Traits - Steve Swain
Interested in our research?
Find out more